All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEcological Psychoacoustics outlines recent advances in dynamic, cognitive, and ecological investigations of auditory perception and ties this work to findings in more traditional areas of psychoacoustics. The book illuminates some of the converging evidence that is beginning to emerge from these traditionally divergent fields, providing a scientifically rigorous, real world perspective on auditory perception, cognition, and action. In a natural listening environment almost all sounds are dynamic, complex, and heard concurrently with other sounds. Yet, historically, traditional psychoacoustics has examined the perception of static, impoverished stimuli presented in isolation. Ecological Psychoacoustics examines recent work that challenges some of the traditional ideas about auditory perception that were established with these impoverished stimuli and provides a focused look at the perceptual processes that are more likely to occur in natural settings. It examines basic psychoacoustics from a more cognitive and ecological perspective. It provides broad coverage including both basic and applied research in auditory perception; and coherence and cross referencing among chapters.
- Author BiographyJohn Neuhoff plays the saxophone and is an assistant professor of psychology at The College of Wooster in Ohio. He is the founding chair of the Auditory Perception, Cognition and Action Meeting (APCAM), a member of the board of directors for the International Community of Auditory Display (ICAD), and a National Psychology Division Councilor for the Council for Undergraduate Research (CUR). His work on auditory perception has appeared in Nature, Science, and The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA. His research has been supported by grants from the National Science Foundation and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. His saxophone career has yet to blossom.
- Author(s)John G. Neuhoff
- Date of Publication06/07/2004
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight730 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.