Ecological Risks Associated with the Destruction of Chemical Weapons: Proceedings of the NATO ARW on Ecological Risks Associated with the Destruction of Chemical Weapons, Luneburg, Germany, from 22-26 October 2003 by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Hardback, 2006)
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description1 2 Prof. Dr. Vladimir Mikhailovitsh Kolodkin , Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Ruck 1 Institute of Natural and Techgenic Disasters, Udmurt State University, Izhevsk (Russia), 2 Institute of Ecology and Environmental Chemistry, University Luneburg (Germany) During the Cold War a whole arsenal of deadly chemical weapons was allowed to build up on both sides of the ideological divide. Happily, today the problems are reversed. Expertise is w required in the field of safe and environment-friendly disposal of chemical weapons and cleaning up of contaminated sites all around the world, but t least in the ex-Soviet-led countries. The participants and speakers to the NATO-Russia advanced research workshop on the Ecological Risks Associated with the Destruction of nd th Chemical Weapons , hosted by the University of Luneburg on 22 - 26 October, 2003, therefore, came from many different parts of the world. Of the eight countries represented at the workshop, two were ex-Eastern- Block, and six were Western countries. Yet the West was by means overrepresented. On the contrary, the Russian expert-speaker contingent, with 33 participants, did justice to the size of their country - and to their chemical-weapons problem - and provided the majority of active participants. In all, there were 57 participants, of which 11 dispatched from the TACIS project The development of the chemical weapons facility at the detached plant No 4 of OAO Khimprom, Novocheboksarsk.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleNATO Security Through Science Series C (Closed):
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight680 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byVladimir M. Kolodkin,Wolfgang E. Ruck
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.