Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $249.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe new Third Edition of Ecology remains focused on the primary goal of this bestselling book: to be the best teaching tool possible for students taking their first course in ecology. Toward that end, the authors updated, replaced, or cut sections of the text as appropriate, and they added a new chapter on Behavioral Ecology, an exciting and growing subfield of ecology that always draws high levels of student.
- Author BiographyMichael L. Cain, having opted to change careers and focus full-time on writing, is currently affiliated with Bowdoin College, USA. He has instructed students across a wide range of subjects, including introductory biology, ecology, field ecology, evolution, botany, mathematical biology, and biostatistics. His research interests include: plant ecology; long-distance dispersal; ecological and evolutionary dynamics in hybrid zones; and search behavior in plants and animals. William D. Bowman is Professor at the University of Colorado at Boulder, USA, affiliated with the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Mountain Research Station, and the Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research. Dr. Bowman has taught courses in introductory ecology, plant ecology, plant-soil interactions, and ecosystems ecology, and for over two decades he has directed undergraduate summer field courses and research programs. His research focuses on the intersections of physiological ecology, community dynamics, and ecosystem function, particularly in the context of environmental change. Sally D. Hacker is Professor at Oregon State University, Corvallis, USA where she has been a faculty member since 2004. As a community ecologist interested in natural and managed coastal, dune, and estuarine communities, Dr. Hacker's research explores the structures, functions, and services of communities under varying contexts of species interactions and global change. Her work has most recently focused on the protective role of ecosystems in mitigating coastal vulnerability due to climate change. She is author or co-author on numerous articles and book chapters exploring species interactions, marine invasions, and ecosystem services important to marine spatial planning and ecosystem-based management.
- Author(s)Michael L. Cain,Sally D. Hacker,William D. Bowman
- PublisherSinauer Associates Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication23/04/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSunderland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintSinauer Associates Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1810 g
- Width240 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.38New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.87New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.05New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.75Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.