All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis edited volume reviews our past and present understanding of the ecology of Australian freshwater fishes. It compares patterns and processes in Australia with those on other continents, discusses the local relevance of ecological models from the rthern hemisphere and considers how best to manage our species and their habitats in the face of current and future threats.
- Author BiographyPaul Humphries is a fish biologist, river ecologist and lecturer with 25 years' experience in research in many parts of Australia. Paul has studied myriad aspects of the ecology of freshwater fish, including the early life history of fishes and relationships between fish ecology and river flow, as well as the history of science in Australia and elsewhere. He has published some 40 scientific papers, book chapters, reviews and identification keys relating to fish. He has edited a Special Issue of the journal Freshwater Biology , and is on the Editorial Board of the international journal River Research and Applications . Keith Walker is a river ecologist with 35 years' experience, mainly in the Murray-Darling Basin. He was at The University of Adelaide, Australia from 1975 to 2007, and is now a consultant. At first a zoologist, his research has included collaborations in botany, hydrology, geomorphology and engineering. Keith edited The Ecology of River Systems with Bryan Davies in 1986, and has published about 230 refereed and non-refereed articles, including work on fish. He was Editor of the journal River Research and Applications from 1986 to 2006. He is a member of the Independent Sustainable Rivers Audit Group, for the Murray-Darling Basin Authority, and the Threatened Species Scientific Committee and Environmental Water Scientific Advisory Committee, for the Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts.
- PublisherCSIRO Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2013
- ImprintCSIRO Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1500 g
- Width200 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byKeith Walker,Paul Humphries
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.