All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe theme of the book is the distribution and abundance of organisms in space and time. The core of the book lies in how local births and deaths are tied to emigration and immigration processes, and how environmental variability at different scales affects population dynamics with stochastic processes and spatial structure and shows how elementary analytical tools can be used to understand population fluctuations, synchrony, processes underlying range distributions and community structure and species coexistence. The book also shows how spatial population dynamics models can be used to understand life history evolution and aspects of evolutionary game theory. Although primarily based on analytical and numerical analyses of spatial population processes, data from several study systems are also dealt with.
- Author BiographyEsa Ranta is Professor in Animal Ecology at the University of Helsinki, Finland. Per Lundberg is Professor in Theoretical Ecology at the University of Lund, Sweden. Veijo Kaitala is Professor in Population Biology at the University of Helsinki, Finland.
- Author(s)Esa Ranta,Per Lundberg,Veijo Kaitala
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/02/2005
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleEcology, Biodiversity and Conservation
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note147 b/w illus. 2 tables
- Weight626 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Series Edited byMichael Usher,Denis Saunders,Andrew Dobson,Robert Peet,Paul Adam,H. John B. Birks,Lena Gustafsson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.