Ecology of Weeds and Invasive Plants: Relationship to Agriculture and Natural Resource Management by Claudio M. Ghersa, Steven R. Radosevich, Jodie S. Holt (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $131.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $217.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe classic reference on weeds and invasive plants has been revised and updated. The Third Edition of this authoritative reference provides an in-depth understanding of how weeds and invasive plants develop and interact in the environment so you can manage and control them more effectively. The guide includes an introduction to weeds and invasive plants in various environments and an overview of their ecology and evolution. With extensive examples, this book: * Focuses on the biological features of weeds and invasive plants, especially as they exist in agriculture, forests, rangelands, and natural ecosystems.* Includes coverage of exotic invasive plants. * Discusses a variety of methods and tools for managing weeds and invasive plants, including physical, cultural, biological, and chemical approaches. * Examines systems approaches for management, including modern Integrated Pest Management.* Addresses future challenges for scientists, farmers, and land managers. This is the definitive, hands-on reference if you're a land manager or professional in plant sciences, agromy, weed science, and horticulture. The book is also an excellent textbook for senior undergraduate or graduate students studying agriculture, ecology, natural resources management, environmental management, or related fields.
- Author BiographySteven R. Radosevich, PHD, is a Professor of Forest Science, Graduate Program Coordinator in the Department of Forest Science, and an Adjunct Professor of Crop Science and Soil Science at Oregon State University. He is the author of Weed Ecology: Implications for Management, the first textbook on the ecology of weedy plants (now in its second edition) and over 100 scientific papers. Jodie S. Holt, PHD, is a Professor of Plant Physiology and Chair of the Department of Botany and Plant Sciences at the University of California, Riverside. She is the coauthor of the first two editions of this book and has authored numerous technical papers. Claudio M. Ghersa, PHD, is an Associate Professor of Ecology in the Department of Natural Resources and Environment at the University of Buenos Aires and Principal Researcher at the National Research Council (CONICET) in Argentina. He has contributed to or coauthored twelve books.
- Author(s)Claudio M. Ghersa,Jodie S. Holt,Steven R. Radosevich
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/09/2007
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width165 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.