All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn EcoMind, Frances Moore Lappe--a giant of the environmental movement--confronts accepted wisdom of environmentalism. Drawing on the latest research from anthropology to neuroscience and her own field experience, she argues that the biggest challenge to human survival isn't our fossil fuel dependency, melting glaciers, or other calamities. Rather, it's our faulty way of thinking about these environmental crises that robs us of power. Lappe dismantles seven common thought traps --from limits to growth to the failings of democracy-- that belie what we w kw about nature, including our own, and offers contrasting thought leaps that reveal our hidden power. Like her Diet for a Small Planet classic, EcoMind is challenging, controversial and empowering.
- Author BiographyFrances Moore Lappe is the author of 17 books and cofounder of Food First: The Institute for Food and Development Policy, the Small Planet Institute, and the Small Planet Fund. She works in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Frances Moore Lappe
- PublisherAvalon Publishing Group
- Date of Publication22/09/2011
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Publishing Group
- Out-of-print date17/08/2015
- Weight514 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.