All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides advanced theoretical and applied tools for the implementation of modern micro-ecometric techniques in evidence-based program evaluation for the social sciences. The author presents a comprehensive toolbox for designing rigorous and effective ex-post program evaluation using the statistical software package Stata. For each method, a statistical presentation is developed, followed by a practical estimation of the treatment effects. By using both real and simulated data, readers will become familiar with evaluation techniques, such as regression-adjustment, matching, difference-in-differences, instrumental-variables and regression-discontinuity-design and are given practical guidelines for selecting and applying suitable methods for specific policy contexts.
- Author BiographyGiovanni Cerulli is researcher at CNR-IRCrES (National Research Council of Italy - Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth). He took a degree in Statistics and a PhD in Economic Sciences from Sapienza University of Rome. His research deals with both theoretical and applied econometrics of program evaluation, including dose-response models, program evaluation with peer effects, and software development for quantitative evaluation purposes. He boasts a consolidated expertise in the evaluation of R&D and innovation policies. Giovanni Cerulli is editor-in-chief of the International Journal of Computational Economics and Econometrics (IJCEE), and coordinator of GRAPE (Research Group on the Analysis of Economic Policies). His publications have appeared in prestigious peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Author(s)Giovanni Cerulli
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication09/05/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleAdvanced Studies in Theoretical and Applied Econometrics
- Series Part/Volume Number49
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note48 black & white illustrations, 21 black & white tables, biography
- Weight649 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.