All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this path-breaking book, Richard Zerbe introduces a new way to think about the concept of ecomic efficiency that is both consistent with its historical derivation and more useful than concepts currently used. He establishes an expanded version of Kaldor-Hicks efficiency as an axiomatic system that performs the following tasks: the new approach obviates certain technical and ethical criticisms that have been made of ecomic efficiency; it answers critics of efficiency; it allows an expanded range for efficiency analysis; it establishes the conditions under which ecomists can reasonably say that some state of the world is inefficient. He then applies the new analysis to a number of hard and fascinating cases, including the ecomics of duelling, cannibalism and rape. He develops a new theory of common law efficiency and indicates the circumstances under which the common law will be inefficient. The book will be of great interest to scholars, students, and practitioners interested in the concept of ecomic efficiency and how it should be applied to law and ecomics.
- Author BiographyRichard O. Zerbe, Daniel J. Evans Distinguished Professor of Public Affairs and Director, Benefit-Cost Analysis Center, Daniel J. Evans School of Public Affairs and Adjunct Professor of Law, University of Washington, US
- Author(s)Richard O. Zerbe
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2002
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleNew Horizons in Law and Economics Series
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content Notefigs.tabs.
- Weight526 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.