All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book argues that ancient democracy did t stop at the door of ecomic democracy, and that ancient Athens has much to tell us about the relationship between political equality and ecomic equality. Athenian democracy rested on a foundation of general ecomic equality, which enabled citizens to challenge their exclusion from politics.
- Author BiographyLarry Patriquin is Professor of Social Welfare and Social Development at Nipissing University, Canada. He is the author of Agrarian Capitalism and Poor Relief in England, 1500-1860: Rethinking the Origins of the Welfare State and the editor of The Ellen Meiksins Wood Reader.
- Author(s)Larry Patriquin
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/01/2015
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Pivot
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight288 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.