All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past decades, many different kinds of models have been developed that have been of use to policy makers, but until w the different approaches have t been brought together with a view to enhancing the systematic unification and evaluation of these models. This new volume aims to fill this gap by bringing together four decades' worth of work by S. I. Cohen on ecomic modelling for policy making. Work on older models has been rewritten and brought fully up to date, and these older models have therefore been brought back to the fore, both to assess how they influenced more recent models and to see how they could be used today. The focus of the book is on models for development policies in developing ecomies, but there are some chapters that relate to ecomic policies in transition and developed ecomies. The policy areas covered are of typical interest in developing and transition ecomies. They include those relating to trade liberalization reforms, sustainable development, industrial development, agrarian reform, growth and distribution, human resource development and education, public goods and income transfers. Each chapter contains a brief assessment of the empirical literature on the ecomic effects of the policy measures discussed in the chapter. The book presents a platform of ecomic modelling that can serve as a refresher for practising professionals, as well as a reference companion for graduates engaging in ecomic modelling and policy preparations.
- Author BiographyS. I. Cohen is Emeritus Professor of Economics at the Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands. He founded the Foundation for Economic Research Rotterdam and is a regular advisor to UN, WB, and EU agencies on development issues and in field missions.
- Author(s)Solomon Cohen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/11/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Frontiers of Political Economy
- Series Part/Volume Number161
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 98 black & white tables, 30 black & white line drawings
- Weight839 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.