All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe past thirty years have witnessed a transformation of government ecomic intervention in segments of industry throughout the world. Many industries historically subject to ecomic price and entry controls have been largely deregulated, including natural gas, airlines, and commercial banking. However, recent concerns about market power in restructured electricity markets, airline industry instability amid chronic financial stress, and the challenges created by the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act have led to calls for renewed market intervention. Ecomic Regulation and Its Reform collects research that explores these and other issues surrounding government ecomic intervention, providing an assessment of the ecomic effects of regulatory reforms over the past three decades and examining how these insights bear on some of today's most significant concerns in regulatory policy.
- Author BiographyNancy L. Rose is the Charles P. Kindleberger Professor of Applied Economics and associate head of the Department of Economics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She is a research associate of the NBER and director of its Program on Industrial Organization.
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication27/06/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleNational Bureau of Economic Research Conference Report
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note71 line drawings, 30 tables
- Weight880 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byNancy L. Rose
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.