All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with issues in ecomic development in India. It highlights those factors that are indicative of India's emergence in the global ecomy yet indicates negative trickle down effects, such as malnutrition, poverty, bonded labourers, high adult unemployment and the widespread use of child labour. Focusing on structural deficiencies for a steady growth rate, and how to make growth inclusive, the book examines duality in development and the factors standing between national ecomic prosperity and human development. The author analyses issues concerning international trade, techlogy, access to food, inequality and poverty, and the catching up of developing countries. A vel approach to the analysis of the Indian ecomy and other developing countries in the 21st century, this book advocates development as a form of governance. With India as a case study, this book provides a solid framework for looking at developing ecomies which will be useful to policy-makers and to graduate and post-doctoral students and researchers in the areas of development studies and ecomics, industrialisation and structural change.
- Author BiographyDebdas Banerjee is Professor of Economics at the Institute of Development Studies Kolkata, India, and former Fulbright Senior Fellow at MIT, Cambridge, USA. He has authored numerous books and articles on industrialisation, international economy, regional disparity, knowledge economy and aspects of labour economics.
- Author(s)Debdas Banerjee
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Contemporary South Asia Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 64 black & white tables, 13 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.