All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn clear, ntechnical language, this introductory textbook describes the history of ecomic thought, focusing on the development of ecomic theory from Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations to the late twentieth century. The text concentrates on the most important figures in the history of ecomics, from Smith, Thomas Robert Malthus, David Ricardo, John Stuart Mill, and Karl Marx in the classical period to John Maynard Keynes and the leading ecomists of the postwar era, such as John Hicks, Milton Friedman, and Paul Samuelson. It describes the development of theories concerning prices and markets, money and the price level, population and capital accumulation, and the choice between socialism and the market ecomy. The book examines how important ecomists have reflected on the sometimes conflicting goals of efficient resource use and socially acceptable income distribution. It also provides sketches of the lives and times of the major ecomists. Ecomics Evolving repeatedly shows how apparently simple ideas that are w taken for granted were at one time at the cutting edge of ecomics research. For example, the demand curve that today's students probably get to kw during their first ecomics lecture was originally drawn by one of the most invative theorists in the history of the subject. The book demonstrates t only how the study of ecomics has progressed over the course of its history, but also that it is still a developing science.
- Author BiographyAgnar Sandmo is professor emeritus of economics at the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration. He is the author of The Public Economics of the Environment .
- Author(s)Agnar Sandmo
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication28/12/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note14 line illus. 2 tables.
- Weight685 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.