All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe last several years has witnessed a growing interaction between ecomists and sociologists engaged in the study of organizations' strategies. Ecomists and sociologists can gain real insight from these interactions. To date, however, these interactions have been to ad hoc and unfocused to bear any real fruit. This volume moves the discussion to the next level by focusing the discussion, and taking a step toward systematizing some of the relationships between ecomic and sociological approaches to strategic management. To accomplish this, the volume reprints four 'matched pairs' of influential articles on firms' strategies in ecomic sociology and strategic management and use these articles to frame a conversation between the articles' pioneering authors and other prominent researchers in strategic management and sociology working on closely-related research problems. Each pair of articles followed by provocative essays - inspired by the pairing - written by the articles' original authors. Two contextualizing commentaries penned by influential strategy and organizations researchers - one grounded in strategic management and one in ecomic sociology - extend each conversation. A reflective reply from the articles' authors concludes the conversation - for w. A framing introduction and concluding epilogue, written by volume editors Joel Baum and Frank Dobbin, set the stage both for the volume and for future conversations between the disciplines in strategic management.
- PublisherEmerald Group Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication20/07/2000
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Strategic Management
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 17
- Place of PublicationBingley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJAI Press Inc.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight774 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byFrank Dobbin,Joel Baum
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.