All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe full impact of austerity policies across Europe is still being assessed, but it is clear that their gendered impacts have been consistently severe, structural and manifold. They have also been, until w, under-researched and under-estimated. This book brings together the research of leading feminist ecomists in the area of gender and austerity ecomics to perform a rigorous gender-impact analysis both at national and pan-European levels. The chapters t only offer thorough evidence for the detrimental gender-impact of austerity policies across Europe, but they also provide readers with concrete suggestions of alternative policies that national governments and the European Union should adopt. With a combination of country case studies and cross-country empirical analysis, this book reveals the scope and channels through which women and men have been impacted by austerity policies in Europe, and goes on to offer readers the opportunity to assess the feasibility and implications of a feminist alternative to continued austerity. This book will be invaluable to social science students and researchers, as well to as policy-makers searching t just for a Plan B to continued austerity policies but for a Plan F - a feminist ecomic strategy to stimulate sustainable ecomic recovery.
- Author BiographyHannah Bargawi is Lecturer in Economics at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London, UK. Giovanni Cozzi is Senior Lecturer in Economics at the University of Greenwich, London, and a member of the Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre (GPERC), UK. Susan Himmelweit is Emeritus Professor of Economics at the Open University, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/08/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge IAFFE Advances in Feminist Economics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note18 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white tables, 18 black & white line drawings
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byGiovanni Cozzi,Hannah Bargawi,Susan Himmelweit
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.