All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReasons for Writing This Book The published literature on the ecomic appraisal of healthcare acquired infection (HAI) is described by phrases such as: With so many virtues of the cost-benefit approach identified, it is perhaps puzzling why greater use of ecomic appraisal has t been made in the area of infection control  Clinicians should partner with ecomists and policy analysts to expand and improve the ecomic evidence available  the quality of ecomic evaluations should be increased to inform decision makers and clinicians  The ecomics of preventing hospital-acquired infections is most often described in general terms. The underlying concepts and mechanisms are rarely made explicit but should be understood for research and policy-making  The aim of this book is to describe how ecomics should be used to inform decisi- making about infection control. Our motivation stems from the previous quotes which show ecomics is being used within the infection control community, but t to its full potential. Our expectation is that you do t have any formal training in ecomic analyses. Ecomic analyses have been used for many decades to argue for increased funding for hospital infection-control. In 1957, Clarke  investigated bed wastage in British hospitals due to Staphylococcus aureus in patient's wounds. She concluded ... the average length of stay in hospital of patients whose wounds were infected with Staph.
- Author BiographyNicholas Graves is a Senior Research Fellow in Health Economics at the School of Public Health, Queensland University of Technology. He is also a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Infectious Diseases at the Princess Alexandra Hospital, Australia. William Jarvis is a well-known figure in infection control. He was formerly Chief of the Epidemiology Branch at the CDC, as well as Director of the Hospital Infections Program at the CDC. He is a past President of The Society for Healthcare Epidemiologists of America (SHEA), and is currently Vice-President of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control (APIC).
- Author(s)Kate Halton,Nicholas Graves,William Jarvis
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight970 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.