Economics and the Challenge of Global Warming by Charles S. Pearson (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $113.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $40.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEcomics and the Challenge of Global Warming is a balanced and comprehensive analysis of the role of ecomics in confronting global warming, the central environmental issue of the twenty-first century. It avoids a technical exposition in order to reach a wide audience and is up to date in its theoretical and empirical underpinnings. It is addressed to all who have some kwledge of ecomic concepts and a serious interest in how ecomics can (and cant) help in crafting climate policy. The book is organized around three central questions. First, can benefit-cost analysis guide us in setting warming targets? Second, what strategies and policies are cost-effective? Third, and most difficult, can a global agreement be forged between rich and poor, North and South? While ecomic concepts are foremost in the analysis, they are placed within an accessible ethical and political matrix. The book serves as a primer for the post-Kyoto era.
- Author BiographyCharles S. Pearson is Senior Adjunct Professor of International Economics and Environment at the Diplomatic Academy of Vienna and Professor Emeritus at the School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS), The Johns Hopkins University, Washington, DC. During his tenure at SAIS he directed the International Economics Program for 17 years and taught at all three campuses in Washington, Bologna and Nanjing. His teaching and research reflect a deep interest in international environmental economics. He pioneered seminars on trade and environment, the role of multinational corporations and environmental cost-benefit analysis. His books reflect these interests, with research on global warming published as early as 1978. They include Environment: North and South; International Marine Environment Policy; and Economics and the Global Environment (Cambridge University Press, 2000). He has been Adjunct Senior Associate at the World Resources Institute and the East West Center and consultant to the US government, international organizations and industrial, financial and legal organizations in the private sector. He received his Ph.D. in economics from Cornell University.
- Author(s)Charles S. Pearson
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/09/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.