All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecent decades have seen a major social and ecomic changes across the developed world and consequent changes in the construction and property industries. The discipline of construction ecomics needs to respond to this. For instance, the importance of sustainable development has become recognised, as has the need to increasingly master the medium and long-term consequences of construction, t only in the production but also in the management of buildings across their whole life-cycle. And the new focus on the service rendered by buildings, as distinct from the buildings themselves, has prompted a new approach to the construction and property industries. Any ecomic analysis of these sectors has to take account of all the participants involved in the life-cycle of building structures - t only in the design and construction, but also in the operation, maintenance, refurbishment and demolition of property. This invative new book draws on the work of the Task Group of the CIB (International Council for Research and Invation) on Macroecomics for Construction. It pulls together discussions of mesoecomic and macroecomic models and methodologies in construction ecomics and presents an exciting approach to the analysis of the operation and function of the construction and property sector within the ecomy. Graduate students and researchers will find it an invaluable work.
- Author BiographyLes Ruddock is Professor of Construction and Property Economics, and Associate Dean for Research in the Faculty of Business, Law and the Built Environment, at the University of Salford. He is the Co-ordinator of the CIB (Conseil International du Batiment) Task Group on Macroeconomics for Construction.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/10/2008
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note29 black & white tables, 68 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byLes Ruddock
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.