All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy incorporating real time into the analysis of sales and purchases, the phemena of product invation, advertising and distribution, the provision of consumer credit, and, ultimately, the production of a changing workforce all become intrinsic to microecomic analysis.In mainstream ecomics the series of purchases, say, of a personal computer, then of software upgrades, peripherals, on-line services, and so on are analyzed as discrete transactions. McDermott instead links such purchases withing a sale/purchase state occupying the period beginning with the initial purchase of the PC and ending only when all of the PC's services have been exchanged to the buyer. In transforming the analysis of contemporary sales and purchases, Ecomics in Real Time draws a radically diferent picture of the terrain of a modern ecomy.John McDermott is Professor Emeritus of Labor Studies at the State University of New York, Old Westbury.
- Author(s)John McDermott
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2003
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleAdvances in Heterodox Economics S.
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Weight535 g
- Width157 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.