All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEcomics of Aquaculture presents basic ecomic theory in a concise and logical format which is easily adaptable to practical application. Examples of ecomic solutions to common problems help you understand the need for ecomic application to aquaculture and the success that may come with sound ecomic planning and management. It also provides coverage of virtually all basic principles of microecomics, farm management finance, and marketing applicable to the aquacultural industry. You will walk through the intricate maze of decisions which are necessary for success in the business environment. The regular and on-going business of aquacultural production and marketing is addressed as a continuous problem set for the student or producer. Business decisions are shown to be logical extensions of those in production and vice versa. A successful producer must be a successful business person if production is to remain an option. Thus, the real and logical need for ecomics in production is carefully presented. Additionally, producers and students alike will find that application of careful ecomic planning results in long-term viability for individual producers as well as community projects, cooperatives, or even governmental projects. Special sections in the book illustrate the savings or costs of right and wrong decisions as well as those related to short versus longer term planning and investment. Other topics covered in this book include:* role of aquaculture in ecomic development* fish demand and supply* farm management and operation* time value of money in the short- and long-term* capital budgeting* market structure and price theory* government in aquaculture Along with students, other readers will find the business help they need in Ecomics of Aquaculture. Professional aquaculturalists will find the topics of basic production ecomics, marketing, and cost analysis particularly relevant and governmental administrators will find the presentation of basic principles, time value of money, capital budgeting, and the role of government in aquaculture a valuable resource for years to come.
- Author(s)Curtis M. Jolly,Howard A. Clonts
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/1993
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFood Products Press,U.S.
- Content Noteappendices, index
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.