Economics of Justice & Peace by MR Peter Alexander Egom (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.51Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $69.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis four chapter book says that the Holy Bible contains a prophetic and evolutionary three-stage ecomic story from creation to the end of time and that one can decode this evolutionary ecomic story of the Bible simply by detecting, from Book to Book, the particular unit of social or ecomic measurement which the Bible either spoke for or spoke against over the stretches of biblical time. For every socio-political and ecomic organization in time and space bears the particular signature of the particular unit of social or ecomic measurement that holds it together and energises it. This unit of social or ecomic measurement may be labour time or interest-based public sector debt money or interest-free private sector commodity money. In effect, it is the successive units of social or ecomic measurement which undergird and energise the global ecomy that tell the running story of when, how and why the global ecomy has moved from the one stage of ecomic distribution and human development to the other. Accordingly, the methodology of this ecomic exegesis of the Bible can be summarized as follows: the labour theory of value is to the barter-exchange communalism of Genesis to Ruth, what the public sector debt theory of value is to the money-exchange capitalism of 1 Samuel through Malachi to 2 Maccabees and the private sector commodity theory of value is to the money exchange communitarianism of Matthew to Revelation . It is on the basis of these changing ecomic metrics that one can conclusively state that there are three stages in the prophetic and evolutionary ecomic programme of the Bible as follows. The first leg of the Bible's journey to the ecomic Kingdom of God on this earth, as laid out in the Books of Genesis to Ruth, is the somlent, villagized, barter, mixed-farming, tribal and communalist world of stationary production where one reaps strictly as one sows. Here, labour-time is the unit of social measurement and the binding ethic of socio-political and ecomic life is the tit-for-tat law of reciprocity or lex talionis and this creates stationary symmetry in the distribution of ecomic opportunities between and among men and nations. Then the second leg is the boisterous, public-sector-led, urbanised, resource-exporting and resource-importing monetary world of capitalism and extended reproduction as laid out in the Books of 1 Samuel through Malachi to 2 Maccabees. Here, the unit of ecomic measurement is the interest-based public sector debt money and the binding ethic of socio-ecomic and political life is the ceaseless-taking of the fiscalist and imperial law of usury and capitalism which creates and sustains mir, major to maximum asymmetry in the distribution of ecomic opportunities between and among peoples and nations. It is this ceaseless-taking law of usury and capitalism that is already setting up the global ecomy for implosion through the excessive issuance of the public sector money of inflation in the financial convertible and reserve currency nations of the West . And, finally, the third leg is the restorative, private-sector-led, ambling, villagised and resource- conserving monetary world of communitarianism and extended reproduction as described in the Books of Matthew to Revelation. Here the unit of ecomic measurement is the private sector and interest-free commodity money and the binding ethic of socio-political and ecomic life is the ceaseless-giving of the metallist law of charity and communitarianism. This distributive law of God creates and sustains symmetry and justice in the distribution of the ecomic opportunities of jobs, goods and services between and among persons and nations in the global ecomy.
- Author BiographyPeter Alexander Egom, Consultant Publisher, Nigerian Institute of International Affairs, Victoria Island, Lagos, read Social Anthropology at Downing College, Cambridge, England, 1963-66, and National Oekonomi at Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark, 1968-73. He has since 1974 researched and published on global issues of central banking and money supply management. His recent published works are Globalization at the Crossroads: Capitalism or Communalism?, Global Market Associates, Lagos, 2002; NEPAD and the Common Good, Global Market Forum, Lagos, 2004; Compass for Economic Reform, 2006, Adione; Economics of Justice & Peace, 2007a, Adione; Economic Mind of God, 2007b, Adione; Global Joseph Project. 2009, Adione. Christian Society Before & After Parousia. 2011, Adione.
- Author(s)MR Peter Alexander Egom
- Date of Publication07/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.