All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a unique introduction to the ecomic costs of nuclear power. It examines the future of the nuclear power industry and unpacks the complicated relationships between its technical, ecomic and political variables. It does so by modelling the costs, risks and uncertainties of one of the world's most opaque industries using micro-ecometrics, ecometrics, and cost engineering. Ecomics of Nuclear Power examines the very important costs of externalities (storing of nuclear waste and the impact of a Cherbyl or Fukushima event) and compares those to the externalities of alternative carbon based energies (oil, coal, natural gas). With over 100 tables and figures this book details nuclear power production around the world - present and planned, providing a completely global focus. It also includes an overview of the past 70 years of international nuclear power developments. This book is essential reading for students, scholars and professionals interested in energy ecomics, nuclear engineering and energy policy.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey Rothwell was a Senior Lecturer (1986-2013) in the Department of Economics, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Rothwell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/12/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note53 black & white illustrations, 50 black & white tables, 53 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.