All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe global crisis has led to dramatic increases in unemployment rates over most of the countries of the OECD. This book provides alternative explanations of this phemen. Junankar begins with surveys of the labour market: labour demand, labour supply, and labour force participation. He argues that the growth of unemployment and long-term unemployment is mainly due to a lack of aggregated demand and t due to high unemployment benefits. Ecomics of the Labour Market shows that unemployment and long-term unemployment impose serious and significant costs on individuals, families, and society in general. Raja Junankar focuses on vital social issues arising from the malfunctioning of ecomies and this collection of essays tackles the real cost of unemployment.
- Author BiographyRaja Junankar studied at the London School of Economics, and has a PhD from the University of Essex, UK. He has held research and teaching appointments in Australia, Britain, Canada, France, Germany, India, and the USA. He has published several books and refereed papers in leading national and international journals. He is an Emeritus Professor, University of Western Sydney and Honorary Professor, UNSW, Australia.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/01/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight738 g
- Width138 mm
- Height138 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byP. N. Junankar
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.