All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe theme of this volume is change, specifically the dynamic relationship between physical landscapes and ecomic practices. The contributors to Ecomies and the Transformation of Landscape consider the relationship between the environment and human activity-from different perspectives and with regard to varied timescales-to arrive at various understandings of ecomical-ecological transformations and what they can reveal about human culture. While each chapter stands on its own, offering detailed insights into particular cases, the volume as a whole challenges us to think broadly, and reflexively, about how human action affects the environment and changes to the environment affect human action.
- Author BiographyLisa Cliggett andChristopher Pool are in the Department of Anthropology at the University of Kentucky.
- Author(s)Christopher A. Pool,Lisa Cliggett
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication24/12/2007
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleSociety for Economic Anthropology Monograph Series
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, maps, figures
- Weight544 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.