All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal warming and human-driven impacts are changing the World's ecological zones. This book applies the principles described in Bailey's Ecosystem Geography: From Ecoregions to Sites, 2nd ed. (Springer 2009, 1st ed. 1996) to describe and characterize the major terrestrial and aquatic ecological zones of the Earth. Bailey's system for classifying these zones has been adopted by major organizations such as the U.S. Forest Service and The Nature Conservancy and this book is a significant contribution to a long tradition of classifying and studying the world's ecological regions or ecoregions. It includes two color maps that show the major ecoregions of the continents and oceans. Also included are: - 106 illustrations with 55 in full color - A new chapter on mountains is included. - There are new sections that address concerns about how eco regions are changing under the relentless influence of humans and climate change - Ather new feature is the discussion of using eco regional patterns to transfer research results and select sites for detecting climate change effects on ecosystem distribution - Use of ecoregional patterns to design monitoring networks and sustainable landscapes - Fire regimes in different regional ecosystems and their management implications.
- Author BiographyRobert G. Bailey, born in 1939, received his PhD in Geography from the University of California, Los Angeles in 1971. An ecological geographer with U.S. Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station, he was leader of the agency's Ecosystem Management Analysis Center for many years. He has four decades of experience working with the theory and practice of ecosystem classification and mapping and its application to management. He is author of numerous publications on this and related subjects, including four books.
- Author(s)Robert G. Bailey
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/04/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note80 black & white illustrations, 54 colour illustrations, 12 black & white tables, biography
- Weight576 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2014
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.56Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.