All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionScenarios are an invaluable tool for analyzing complex systems and understanding possible outcomes. This second volume of the MA series explores the implications of four different approaches for managing ecosystem services in the face of growing human demand for them: The Global Orchestration approach, in which we emphasize equity, ecomic growth, and public goods, reacting to ecosystem problems when they reach critical stages; Order from Strength, which emphasizes security and ecomic growth; Adapting Mosaic, which emphasizes proactive management of ecosystems, local adaptation, and flexible governance; TechGarden, a globalized approach with an emphasis on green techlogy and a proactive approach to managing ecosystems. The Scenarios volume will help decision-makers and managers identify development paths that better maintain the resilience of ecosystems, and can reduce the risk of damage to human well-being and the environment.
- Author BiographyThe Millennium Ecosystem Assessment's work is overseen by a 45-member Board of Directors, co-chaired by Robert Watson, Chief Scientist and Senior Advisor for the Environment of the Environmentally and Socially Sustainable Development Network of the World Bank, and A.H. Zakri, director of the United Nations University s Institute of Advanced Studies. The Assessment Panel, which oversees the technical work of the MA, includes 13 of the world s leading social and natural scientists. It is co-chaired by Angela Cropper of the Cropper Foundation and Harold Mooney of Stanford University. Walter Reid is the director of the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment.
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication26/08/2005
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMillennium Ecosystem Assessment S.
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Note6 tables, 19 figures
- Weight1597 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byElena M Bennett,Monika B Zurek,Prabhu L Pingali,Steve R Carpenter
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.