All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionUse it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without-our grandmothers knew the importance of responsible, thrifty choices. But somewhere along the way we lost our way and succumbed to the belief that we can get everything for next to thing, have it shipped halfway around the world and then, more often than t, just throw it away. This consumer binge is taking its toll. Diet and lifestyle-related illnesses are epidemic, our environment is awash in a sea of plastic, our climate is changing, and the cost of everything is skyrocketing with the price of oil. Are we doomed? No. We can make greener, healthier choices, and we can do it while saving money. Where to start? Ecofrugal is packed with simple, practical ideas and recipes to help you: * Make homemade products for cleaning and skin care * Grow your own food and cook more from scratch * Raise your family without lowering your standards A must-read for anyone who has ever wanted to live a greener life but thought that it would be too expensive, time-consuming, or difficult, this handy, complete guide will show you how small changes can have a huge environmental impact and save you thousands of dollars, all while improving your quality of life. Deborah Niemann is a homesteader, writer, and self-sufficiency expert. The author of Homegrown and Handmade: A Practical Guide to More Self-Reliant Living, she presents extensively on topics including soapmaking, breadbaking, cheesemaking, composting, and homeschooling.
- Author BiographyDeborah Niemann is a homesteader, writer and self-sufficiency expert who presents extensively on topics including soapmaking, breadbaking, cheesemaking, composting and homeschooling. The author of Homegrown and Handmade: A Practical Guide to More Self-Reliant Living, she and her family produce all of their own meat, eggs, and dairy products, by raising sheep, pigs, cattle, goats, chickens, and turkeys, while an organic garden and orchard provide fruit and vegetables.
- Author(s)Deborah Niemann
- PublisherNew Society Publishers
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationGabriola Island
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Society Publishers
- Content NoteB&W photographs and illustrations throughout
- Weight328 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.