Ecotoxicology: Ecological Fundamentals, Chemical Exposure and Biological Effects by John Wiley and Sons Ltd (Hardback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $481.88Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $137.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fresh and comprehensive overview of ecotoxicology today This book provides comprehensive single-source coverage of the entire field of ecotoxicology, from the ecological basics to the effects of chemicals on the environment and the latest test strategies. Contributions by leading figures in ecotoxicology from around the world reflect the broad scope of current thinking and research, making this volume essential reading for informed professionals and students. Areas covered include: Ecosystem sensitivity, principles for analysis, and other fundamentals Fate, distribution, and speciation of chemicals in the environment Bioaccumulation and effects of chemicals Ecotoxicological test systems Concepts of ecological risk assessment Incorporating numerous examples and case studies, this cutting-edge reference is an invaluable resource for those working in environmental toxicology, chemistry, ecology, medicine, engineering, and other related disciplines.
- Author BiographyGERRIT SCHUURMANN, PhD, is Head of the Department of Chemical Ecotoxicology at the UFZ Centre for Environmental Research in Leipzig and Honorary Professor at the University of Leipzig, Germany. His research interests include the exposure, transformation, bioaccumulation and ecotoxicological profile of xenobiotics in aquatic and terrestrial environments, prediction of physicochemical properties and molecular reactivity of compounds, structure--activity relationships and modes of chemical toxicity, and methods for the hazard and risk assessment of chemicals. BERND A. MARKERT, PhD, is Professor of Environmental High Technology and Director of the International Graduate School (IHI) in Zittau, Germany. His professional interests include the biochemistry of trace substances in the water/soil/plant system, instrumental analysis of chemical elements, eco-- and human--toxicological aspects of hazardous substances, pollution control by use of bioindicators and technologies for waste management, environmental restoration, and remedial action on soils.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/1997
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleEnvironmental Science and Technology Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight1436 g
- Width161 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byB. Markert,Gerrit Schuurmann
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.