All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRadio 4's most curmudgeonly author is back for a new series, complete with his trusty companion Elgar, his pipe and his never ending capacity for scrimping and scraping at whatever scraps his agent, Ping, can offer him to keep body, mind and cat together. In these four episodes, austerity has hit Ed hard. But things may be looking up as he starts working with the most disturbingly fresh and mesmerizingly compelling voice of his generation, Ben Herbert, and finds himself employed on a corporate video along with director and old sparring partner Jaz Milvane. He also enrols on a writing course and learns a thing or two about setting up his very own 'Script Doctor' service. Plus, Ed finds himself in the middle of some sibling rivalry when Ping's sister, Py, undertakes some work experience at the agency. Written by Christopher Douglas and Andrew Nickolds, and guest starring Stephanie Cole as Olive, John Fortune as Felix and Barunka O'Shaughnessy as Ping.
- Author BiographyChristopher Douglas is the author of Jardine, the biography of England test cricketer Andrew Jardine. With Andrew Nickolds, he is the co-creator of Ed Reardon, and stars in Ed Reardon's Week. He also teamed up with Nigel Planer to create the character of 'Nicholas Craig', a classical actor who starred in the BBC Four series How to be Old with Nicholas Craig and whose autobiography I, An Actor, was published by Methuen in 2001. Andrew Nickolds' radio credits include Loose Ends, Dave Podmore's Cricket Night and (with Christopher Douglas) ten series of Ed Reardon's Week. He is the author of numerous books, including Arthur Daley's Back to Basics, The Word of Pod and Cabinet Pudding. He writes a column as Ed Reardon for The Oldie, and one as Dave Podmore for the website Cricinfo.
- Author(s)Andrew Nickolds,Christopher Douglas
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication23/02/2012
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight98 g
- Width125 mm
- Height142 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Read byBarunka O'Shaughnessy,Christopher Douglas,Full Cast,John Fortune,Stephanie Cole
- Contained items statement2 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time120
- Edition StatementA&M
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.06
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $39.52
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.35
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.47
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.33
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $36.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.