Edexcel A2 Music Listening Tests by Alistair Wightman, Hugh Benham (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $45.73Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book can be used for coursework, or for revision and preparation in the final weeks before your exam. It includes listening tests that help you to prepare for Section A of the written paper, practice questions for Sections B and C of the written paper, over 20 dictation exercises that provide valuable practice for the Aural Awareness question, a comprehensive glossary that explains all of the terms you need to kw, and helpful hints and advice to enable you to achieve a better grade. Model answers to all of the questions and a full track listing can be found at the back of the book. A CD of the musical extracts used in the questions is available separately: Edexcel A2 Music Listening Tests 3rd edition CD, ISBN 978-1-78038-123-7 (RHG365).
- Author BiographyHugh Benham read Music and English at Southampton University, where he was awarded a Ph.D. for his study of the music of John Taverner. He is a chair of examiners for GCE Music, an in-service trainer, church organist, and writer, and formerly taught music in a sixth-form college. Hugh has contributed to Music Teacher and Classroom Music magazines, and is the author of Baroque Music in Focus (Rhinegold, 2nd ed. 2010). His other writing includes two books on English church music, including John Taverner: his Life and Music (Ashgate, 2003), articles on early music, contributions to The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians (2001) and Die Musik in Geschichte und Gegenwart, and a complete edition of Taverner for Early English Church Music. Alistair Wightman read Music at Oxford and then York University, where he was awarded a D.Phil for his study of Karol Szymanowski. He has worked in primary, secondary and further education, and is a freelance teacher and writer, as well as principal examiner in history and analysis in A-level music. His publications include Writing about Music (Rhinegold, 2008) and several books and articles devoted to Tadeusz Baird, Karlowicz, and Szymanowski, including Karlowicz, Young Poland and the Musical Fin-de-siecle (Ashgate, 1996), Karol Szymanowski: his Life and Music (Ashgate, 1999) and Szymanowski on Music: Selected Writings of Karol Szymanowski (Toccata Press, 1999).
- Author(s)Alistair Wightman,Hugh Benham
- PublisherMusic Sales Ltd
- Date of Publication08/07/2011
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRhinegold Education
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition Statement3
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.