All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book can be used for coursework, or for revision and preparation in the final weeks before your exam. It includes Listening tests that help you to prepare for Section A of the written paper Practice questions for Sections B and C of the written paper Over 20 dictation exercises that provide valuable practice for the Aural Awareness question A comprehensive glossary that explains all of the terms you need to kw Helpful hints and advice to enable you to achieve a better grade. Model answers to all of the questions and a full track listing can be found at the back of the book. A CD of the musical extracts used in the questions is available separately: Edexcel A2 Music Listening Tests 4th edition CD, ISBN 978-1-78305-584-5 (RHG353). Please te that the content of this book repeats tests published in some earlier editions.
- Author BiographyHugh Benham read Music and English at Southampton University, where he was awarded a PhD for his study of the music of John Taverner. He is a chair of examiners for GCE Music, an in-service trainer, church organist, and writer, and formerly taught music in a sixth-form college. Hugh has contributed to Music Teacher and Classroom Music magazines, and is the author of Baroque Music in Focus (Rhinegold, 2nd ed. 2010). His other writing includes two books on English church music, including John Taverner: his Life and Music (Ashgate, 2003), articles on early music, contributions to The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians (2001) and Die Musik in Geschichte und Gegenwart, and a complete edition of Taverner for Early English Church Music. Alistair Wightman read Music at Oxford and then York University, where he was awarded a DPhil for his study of Karol Szymanowski. He has worked in primary, secondary and further education, and is a freelance teacher and writer, as well as principal examiner in history and analysis in A-level music. His publications include Writing about Music (Rhinegold, 2008) and several books and articles devoted to Tadeusz Baird, Karlowicz, and Szymanowski, including Karlowicz, Young Poland and the Musical Fin-de-siecle (Ashgate, 1996), Karol Szymanowski: his Life and Music (Ashgate, 1999) and Szymanowski on Music: Selected Writings of Karol Szymanowski (Toccata Press, 1999).
- Author(s)Alistair Wightman,Hugh Benham
- PublisherMusic Sales Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2014
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRhinegold Education
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.