All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis brand-new Student Book provides a grammar-led approach with extensive exam preparation that will help you develop independent, culturally aware students of French ready for the exam. The book is written to the latest Edexcel specification by experienced teachers. Extensive use of French reflects the style of the exams and, with specific exam advice and practice, it helps to build all the skills needed for success. Topics on Francophone cultures are integrated throughout to ensure students gain the cultural awareness that is at the heart of this qualification. The book provides up-to-date content following a clear sequencing of topics designed specifically for teaching French at this level. It is designed to develop spontaneous, confident linguists who are able to progress to further study of French. This book has been endorsed by Edexcel and is for both the International GCSE French and the Level 1/2 Certificate in French. - Develop students' ability to use French effectively - Stretch and challenge students to achieve their best grades- Ensure the progression required for further study at A-level or equivalent- Provide insight and encourage a positive attitude towards other cultures Accompanying resources: - Teacher Guide + Audio CD (ISBN 9781444181067) includes all recordings and transcripts together with detailed guidance, editable vocabulary lists, cultural PowerPoints and interactive activities- Grammar Workbook (ISBN 9781444181074) Coming soon: vocabulary available online at Vocab Express, an interactive learning application. Visit www.vocabexpress.co.uk/hodder for more information.
- Author BiographyAuthors: Yvette Grime has taught extensively at GCSE. She now combines her teaching with working part time as a freelance translator. Jayn Witt was Head of Modern Foreign Languages in an 11-16 comprehensive school for over 25 years. Series editor: Mike Thacker is a former Director of the Language Centre at the University of Surrey. He is the author of several textbooks for the teaching of Spanish and has many years of experience as a senior examiner at GCSE and A-level.
- Author(s)Jayn Witt,Yvette Grime
- PublisherHodder Education
- Date of Publication29/03/2013
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Education
- Content NoteFull colour photos and illustrations
- Weight730 g
- Width214 mm
- Height13 mm
- Spine276 mm
- Series Edited byMike Thacker
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 4
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.64Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $35.74Trending at AU $44.54
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.