All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSometimes a good kid is drawn into a bad crowd. Sometimes a bad crowd goes over the edge. Ever since Marlie started grade nine, she's been an out cast by the rest of the school - even her own best friend. She finds her place among a group of students, who, like herself, are social misfits and often bullied by their classmates. One of Marlie's new acquaintances, Mike, is especially serious about getting back at the bullies--dead serious. When Mike plots for the groups revege to take place a a formal school dance, Marlie's fear that he might seriously hurt people compels her to take mattters into her own hands.If the story seems dark, it is. But Marlie has a wicked sense of humor. And her mentor, the lovable undertaker Chuck, provides a perfect foil for the serious subject material. Imagine learning how to apply make-up from a guy who prepares corpes for their funerals!Edge's subject is timely, and it's characters are unusual but believable. The tone is accessible to all young adults, but with eugh metaphor and symbolism to interest the sophisicated reader. The pace at times breathless, and the resolution is as satisfying as the subject allows, as Marlie develops the strength she needs to stand alone, if she must.Edge is a great read for today's teen - tragic and funny, it's a story too many can relate to.
- Author BiographyDiane Tullson is the author of four books for teen readers: Red Sea, Saving Jasey, Edge, and Blue Highway. Born in Calgary, Alberta, she studied English literature and journalism, and has published with a number of magazines.Today she writes fulltime from her home in Delta, British Columbia, which she shares with her family and their golden retriever. Visit Diane's website at www.dianetullson.com.
- Author(s)Diane Tullson
- PublisherFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Weight181 g
- Width130 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.