CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe book presents a decade-long perspective on contemporary visual practices in India, with stunning visuals and insightful essays by leading intellectuals in the field. Engaging with a diversity of art practices and creative conditions, the publication (and exhibition) questions cultural structures that segregate visual practices, making a case for a polycentric aesthetic. In this argument for an inclusive and n-hierarchical consideration of visual culture, Edge of Desire presents a new contribution from the sub-continent to the debate on the nature and purpose of art practices and art histories. At the same time, it offers a visually exciting and intellectually stimulating array of new art from India generated through an intermingling of influences and traditions.
- Author BiographyChaitanya Sambrani is Lecturer, Art Theory Workshop, School of Art, Australian National University, Canberra. Kajri Jain is Post Doctoral Fellow, Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia. Ashish Rajadhyaksha is Senior Fellow, Centre for the Study of Culture and Society, Bangalore, India.
- Author(s)Chaitanya Sambran
- PublisherPhilip Wilson Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication11/05/2005
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhilip Wilson Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1474 g
- Width239 mm
- Height309 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.