Edible Wild Mushrooms of Illinois and Surrounding States: A Field-to-Kitchen Guide by Joe McFarland, Gregory M. Mueller (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.73Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLavishly illustrated with nearly three hundred gorgeous full-color photos, this engaging guidebook carefully describes forty different edible species of wild mushrooms found around Illiis and surrounding states, including Iowa, Wisconsin, Missouri, Indiana, and Kentucky. With conversational and witty prose, the book provides extensive detail on each edible species, including photographs of potential look-alikes to help you safely identify and avoid poisous species. Mushroom lovers from Chicago to Cairo will find their favorite local varieties, including morels, chanterelles, boletes, puffballs, and many others. Veteran mushroom hunters Joe McFarland and Gregory M. Mueller also impart their wisdom about the best times and places to find these hidden gems. Edible Wild Mushrooms of Illiis and Surrounding States also offers practical advice on preparing, storing, drying, and cooking with wild mushrooms, presenting more than two dozen tantalizing mushroom recipes from some of the best restaurants and chefs in Illiis, including one of Food & Wine magazine's top 10 new chefs of 2007. Recipes include classics like Beer Battered Morels, Parasol Mushroom Frittatas, and even the highly improbable (yet delectable) Morel Tiramisu for dessert. As the first new book about Illiis mushrooms in more than eighty years, this is the guide that mushroom hunters and cooks have been craving. Visit the book's companion website at www.illiismushrooms.com.
- Author BiographyJoe McFarland has been an outdoor writer for nearly twenty years and is a staff writer for the Illinois Department of Natural Resources magazine Outdoor Illinois. He lives in Makanda, Illinois. Gregory M. Mueller, an internationally known mycologist, was curator of fungi at the Field Museum of Natural History for over twenty-three years and is now vice president of science and academic affairs at the Chicago Botanic Garden.
- Author(s)Gregory M. Mueller,Joe McFarland
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2009
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Content Note292 color photographs
- Weight658 g
- Width4531 mm
- Height6466 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.