All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionVeteran editor Don McNair lays out an easy-to-follow and systematic method for clearing up foggy writing--writing that's full of extra, misused, and overused words--in this guide to producing sparkling copy that attracts readers, agents, editors, and sales. McNair explains the common mistakes made by most writers and shows how eliminating unnecessary words strengthens action, shorten sentences, and makes writing crackle with life. Containing 21 simple, straightforward principles, Editor-Proof Your Writing teaches how to edit weak verb forms, strip away author intrusions, ban redundancies, eliminate foggy phrases, correct passive-voice sentences, slash misused and overused words, and fix other writing mistakes. A superb addition to any writer's toolkit, this book will t only make writing clearer and more grammatical, it will also make it more concise, entertaining, and appealing to publishers.
- Author BiographyDon McNair spent his working life editing magazines, producing public relations materials for an international PR firm, and heading his own marketing communications firm, McNair Marketing Communications. He is the winner of three Golden Trumpets from the Publicity Club of Chicago and the Silver Anvil from the Public Relations Society of America. He has authored hundreds of trade magazine articles, three how-to books, and several young-adult and suspense novels. He Lives in Foley, Alabama.
- Author(s)Don McNair
- PublisherLinden Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLinden Publishing
- Weight295 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.