All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionMarking an important moment in the Art Institute of Chicago's 136-year history, this book documents an exceptional gift to the museum: the Edlis/Neeson Collection, consisting of 44 stellar works of contemporary art. Among the highlights are major paintings by some of the 20th century's best-kwn artists, including Jasper Johns, Roy Lichtenstein, Robert Rauschenberg, Gerhard Richter, Cy Twombly, and Andy Warhol. Also included in the gift are paintings, photographs, and sculptures by icons of contemporary art such as Damien Hirst, Jeff Koons, and Cindy Sherman. This catalogue places the Edlis/Neeson Collection in direct dialogue with works already in the Art Institute's holdings. An essay by James Rondeau situates the gift in the context of the museum's history and uses it to illustrate the growth and development of Pop Art. Most importantly, this book celebrates a transformative gift that allows the Art Institute to claim the most important collection of modern and contemporary art in any encyclopedic institution in the world.
- Author BiographyJames Rondeau is Dittmer Chair and Curator, Department of Modern and Contemporary Art, the Art Institute of Chicago.
- Author(s)James Rondeau
- PublisherArt Institute of Chicago
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArt Institute of Chicago
- Content Note69 color illus.
- Weight1362 g
- Width248 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.