Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe first single-volume edition of this stunning early Mamet play You kw how much of our life we're alive, you and me? Nothing. Two minutes out of the year. When we meet someone new, when we get married, when, when, when, when we're in difficulties...once in our life at the death of someone that we love. That's...in a carcrash...and that's it. You kw, you kw, we're sheltered...A fortune-teller's teasing rumination sends Edmond lurching into New York City's hellish underworld, his whole life abandoned in a searing quest for self-discovery and redemption. A furious, unflinching, whirlwind of a play first produced in 1982. A stunning amorality play, glittering and disturbing, suspended in the dark void of contemporary New York. It is also a technically adventurous piece pared brilliantly to the bone, highly theatrical in its scenic elisions Financial Times A riveting theatrical experience that illuminates the heart of darkness Newsweek Publication of this edition ties in with a production in July 2003 at the Royal National Theatre starring Kenneth Branagh.
- Author BiographyDavid Mamet is a world-leading author, playwright and screenwriter, whose many awards include the Pulitzer Prize, Joseph Jefferson Award, Obie Award, New York Drama Critics Circle Award and Tony Award. Many of his plays are considered modern classics and include Glengarry Glen Ross, Oleanna, Edmond, The Cryptogram and Speed the Plow.
- Author(s)David Mamet
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/07/2003
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleModern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight66 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.