All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis critical anthology on the vels and other work of Eduardo Mendoza is the very first collection of scholarly essays to be published solely on this Spanish velist. With contributions by academics from Spain and the United States, this book touches upon each of Mendoza's major publications from 1975 to date. The essays assume a varied array of critical positions and practices, often reaching strikingly different conclusions about the same texts. This anthology illustrates and underscores Mendoza's multifaceted character, celebrating the humorously serious reputation of one of the greatest Spanish authors of our time.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Jeffrey Oxford is Associate Professor of Foreign Languages at the University of North Texas, Denton, Texas. He received his Ph.D. from Texas Tech University in 1992. He is the author of Vincente Blasco Ibanez: Color Symbolism in Selected Novels (Peter Lang, 1997) and co-editor of The Languages of Addiction (1999). Oxford is also the author of various articles and presentations on naturalism and its manifestations in nineteenth- and twentieth-century peninsular literature. David Knutson wrote his doctoral dissertation on Eduardo Mendoza at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and he is the author of Las novelas de Eduardo Mendoza: la parodia de los margenes (1999). He has published articles and delivered numerous presentations on topics in contemporary Spanish literature. Since 1994, Knutson has taught in the Department of Modern Languages at Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2002
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- Series TitleCurrents in Comparative Romance Languages & Literatures
- Series Part/Volume Number112
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight470 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byDavid J. Knutson,Jeffrey Oxford
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.