All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the Cultural Revolution over 14 million Chinese high school graduates were sent from the cities to live and work in the countryside. They were kwn as zhiqing - 'educated youth'. They fell in love, married, had children. In the late 1970s the policy changed and they were allowed to return, but t their families. Many jumped at the opportunity, leaving spouses and children behind. Ten years later the children, w teenagers, began to turn up in the cities, looking for their parents. Educated Youth follows five such children, who have travelled across China from a province in the south west to Shanghai in the east, only to discover that their mothers and fathers have remarried, and have new families, in which there is room for them. Their reappearance brings out the worst in the parents - their duplicity, greed and self-interest - and the best too, as they struggle to come to terms with their sense of love and duty.
- Author(s)Ye Xin
- PublisherGiramondo Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationArtarmon
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintGiramondo Publishing Co
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.81
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.81Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.19
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.66
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.