All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
About this product
- Description'Provides an important first step in helping us surface the mental modes we hold of the teaching and learning of diverse student populations' - Nelda Cambron-McCabe, Department of Educational Leadership, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio This book is about the paradox of relegating students with individual differences into seperate systems, protecting mainstream students from their influence, while at the same time trying to manage the cultural imperative of equity and excellence for all students This book helps administrators manage the separate systems of general and special education by demonstrating how to effectively unify the systems. The book proposes that each student should be addressed through personalized educational programming, rather than applying these to special education students only.
- Author BiographyLeonard C. Burrello is Professor of Education and Chair of Educational Leadership Program and Executive Director of The Forum on Education at Indiana University. He is currently studying school improvement in rural schools within a distributive leadership framework and consulting with the Gates Initiative on Small Schools for the University of Indianapolis in the Indianapolis Public Schools. With co-author Lauren Hoffman he completed at three organizational consultation project in Washtenaw County, Michigan where they helped create a new planning framework using the work of Robert Fritz. They are also working with the Illinois Cooperative Leadership project in Illinois to help build more learner-centered schools. With Lynn Murray, his collaboration began in 1993 in a study of her leadership in a suburban district in Vermont and she has consulted with both authors helping to build a new organizational structure and planning process in a large urban Midwestern school district. He teaches courses on moral and distributive leadership, and organizational change at Indiana University.
- Author(s)Carl A. Lashley,Edith E. Beatty,Leonard C. Burrello
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/09/2000
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight557 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.