Educating English Learners: What Every Classroom Teacher Needs to Know by Carine Strebel, Kouider Mokhtari, Edwidge Crevecoeur-Bryant, Joyce W. Nutta, Florin M. Mihai (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.59Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $48.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Educating English Learners, Joyce W. Nutta and her colleagues offer practical tools for helping schools and teachers successfully integrate English learners into mainstream classrooms. Drawing on the One Plus model presented in the award-winning book, Preparing Every Teacher to Reach English Learners, the authors w turn their attention to the needs of K-12 teachers who typically have two or three English learners in their classrooms. English learners are t a homogeus group, andthe challenges they face vary tremendously. Nutta and her colleagues present protocols and case studies to help preservice and in-service teachers understand the needs of English learners in their classrooms and differentiate instruction and assessment accordingly. Woven throughout the book are the stories of Gero, Edith, Tasir, and Edgar, four case study students of different ages, backgrounds, and levels of English proficiency. The authors show how the protocols they provide can be applied to adaptsample lessons for students like these, across a range of grade levels, subject areas, and pedagogical approaches. Finally, the authors show how the system can be applied schoolwide for a collaborative approach to meeting English learners' needs.
- Author BiographyJoyce W. Nutta is a professor of English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and the ESOL coordinator of the College of Education at the University of Central Florida, USA. Carine Strebel is an assistant professor and ESOL coordinator in the Department of Education at Stetson University, USA. Kouider Mokhtari is the Anderson-Vukelja-Wright Endowed Professor of Education in the School of Education at the University of Texas at Tyler, USA. Florin M. Mihai is an associate professor of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) at the University of Central Florida, USA. Edwidge Crevecoeur-Bryant is the ESOL coordinator in the School of Education at Jacksonville University, USA.
- Author(s)Carine Strebel,Edwidge Crevecoeur-Bryant,Florin M. Mihai,Joyce W. Nutta,Kouider Mokhtari
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.