Educating Ruby: What Our Children Really Need to Learn by Guy Claxton, Bill Lucas (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.56Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.00Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by thebooksaver
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $15.22Free postage
- AU $16.93Free postage
- AU $18.81Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionWith forewords by Professor Tanya Byron and Octavius Black, Educating Ruby: what our children really need to learn is a powerful call to action by acclaimed thought-leaders Guy Claxton and Bill Lucas. It is for everyone who cares about education in an uncertain world and explains how teachers, parents and grandparents can cultivate confidence, curiosity, collaboration, communication, creativity, commitment and craftsmanship in children, at the same time as helping them to do well in public examinations. Educating Ruby: what our children really need to learn shows, unequivocally, that schools can get the right results in the right way, so that the Rubys of tomorrow will emerge from their time at school able to talk with honest pleasure and reflective optimism about their schooling. Featuring the views of schoolchildren, parents, educators and employers and drawing on Guy Claxton and Bill Lucas' years of experience in education, including their work with Building Learning Power and the Expansive Education Network, this powerful new book is sure to provoke thinking and debate.Just as Willy Russell's Educating Rita helped us rethink university, the authors of Educating Ruby invite fresh scrutiny of our schools.
- Author BiographyProf Guy Claxton is Emeritus Professor at Winchester University and Visiting Professor of Education at King's College London. His books include: Hare Brain, Tortoise Mind (ISBN 978-1857027099) Wise Up: The Challenge of Lifelong Learning (ISBN 978-1582340920) With Bill and others: New Kinds of Smart (ISBN 978-0335236183) The Learning Powered School (ISBN 978-1901219548). Prof Bill Lucas is Director of the Centre for Real-World Learning at the University of Winchester. As an author, often with Guy Claxton, Bill has written more than forty widely translated books which have sold more than half a million copies, including: Help your child to succeed (ISBN 978-1855394599) Happy Families: how to make one, how to keep one (ISBN 978-0563519423) for the BBC. Follow Bill on twitter @LucasLearn
- Author(s)Bill Lucas,Guy Claxton
- PublisherCrown House Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCamarthen
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCrown House Publishing
- Weight295 g
- Width130 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.