Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $132.16+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $49.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- Description'It is an easy book to read and has the merit of combining in a balanced way the broad theoretical background of early years education with a practical approach providing information addressed to practitioners' - Education Studies 'The book abounds with practical suggestions for developing children's kwledge and skills in various domains. It presents concisely the rationale for an ethical approach to working with young children and their families which emphasizes genuine collaboration between professionals and parents as well as involving children in their learning. The book deserves to be a well-thumbed text for individuals and a copy should be in any professional library' - Support for Learning 'I am very impressed with Educating Children with Special Needs in which Louise Porter uses her psychological perspectives to give a sound overview of the important problem areas and practices of the field, and describes a large number of procedures through which teaching and other forms of support can be effectively individualized. Overall this is an excellent book which merits, and should receive, a wide readership among special educators, early childhood teachers and the many professional who are interested in and may practice in this field' - The Psychology of Education Review 'In scope and spread this book deserves to become a standard text for policy makers, practitioners, those in training and their tutors. I welcome this book for its coverage of typical and atypical development in young children and its emphasis upon an ethical and principled approach to working with young children and their families' - Professor Sheila Wolfendale, Director of the Doctorate in Educational Psychology programme, University of East London Most young children with additional educational needs are enrolled in their local childcare centre or pre-school. Whether they have delayed or advanced skills, many will need extra support from teachers and childcare workers so that they can participate fully in these settings. Educating Young Children with Special Needs is a comprehensive guide to working with these children. It outlines how to recognize when young children have atypical needs, individualize relevant programmes for them, and make sure that they can participate socially with other children in the group. It highlights the importance of teachers' and caregivers' responsiveness both to the children and their parents. Individual chapters explain how to identify and meet the additional needs of children with vision or hearing impairments and those with difficulties acquiring motor, daily living, communication or intellectual skills. The emphasis is on assisting those with mild to moderate difficulties in any of these domains. The particular needs of gifted children are also explored. Educating Young Children with Special Needs is a valuable professional reference and student text for childcare workers and pre-school teachers.
- Author BiographyLouise Porter is a child psychologist with many years' experience of working with children. She lectures in the School of Education at Flinders University of South Australia and is author of Behaviour in Schools, Gifted Young Children, and Young Children's Behaviour, and co-author of Professional Collaboration with Parents of Children with Disabilities.
- Author(s)Louise Porter
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight451 g
- Width6 mm
- Height9 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.