All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe central conflicts of the world today are closely related to cultural, traditional, and religious differences between nations. As we move to a globalized world, these differences often become magnified, entrenched, and the cause of bloody conflict. Growing out of a conference of distinguished scholars from the Middle East, Europe, and the United States, this volume is a singular contribution to mutual understanding and cooperative efforts on behalf of peace. The term paideia, drawn from Greek philosophy, has to do with responsible education for citizenship as a necessary precondition for effective democracy.
- Author BiographyAlan M. Olson is director of The Paideia Project, chairman of the Committee on International Cooperation (American Philosophical Association), and professor of the philosophy of religion at Boston University. David M. Steiner is associate professor of education and chairman of the Department of Administration and Policy Studies at the School of Education at Boston University. Irina S. Tuuli is associate director of The Paideia Project and former associate professor of philosophy at Moscow Technical University.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/06/2004
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAlan M. Olson,David M. Steiner,Irina S. Tuuli
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.