All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionIt is the premise of Educating for Democracy in a Changing World that in the wake of the events of 9/11 and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, people recognize that there is an ever-increasing threat to democratic societies and nations. For most citizens of the world, freedom is a requisite condition of democracy. Understanding democracy has become difficult at a time when we are bombarded with phrases and slogans that seek to dichotomize it. This collection of essays is based on the contemporary responses of a diverse group of writers from education, international relations, law, political science, history, psychology, philosophy, and sociology to the questions about democracy for Americans within the context of the changing world.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Stephen M. Fain is Professor of Curriculum History and Honors College Fellow at Florida International University. He is co-editor of The Freirean Legacy (Peter Lang, 2002) and Pedagogy of Place (Peter Lang, 2004). David M. Callejo Perez teaches curriculum studies at West Virginia University. He is author of Southern Hospitality (Peter Lang, 2001) and co-editor of Pedagogy of Place (Peter Lang, 2004). His work focuses on identity and schools, teacher education, qualitative research, and transmigration. Judith J. Slater is Professor of Education at Florida International University, specializing in curriculum theory, evaluation and organizational culture. She is the author of Anatomy of a Collaboration (1996), Acts of Alignment (Peter Lang, 2000), editor of Teen Life in Asia (2004), and co-editor of The Freirean Legacy (Peter Lang, 2002), and Pedagogy of Place (Peter Lang, 2004).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number271
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byDavid M. Callejo Perez,Judith J. Slater,Stephen M. Fain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.