All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book Apple explores the 'conservative restoration' - the rightward turn of a broad-based coalition that is making successful inroads in determining American and international educational policy. It takes a pragmatic look at what critical educators can do to build alternative coalitions and policies that are more democratic. Apple urges this group to extricate itself from its reliance on the language of possibility in order to employ pragmatic analyses that address the material realities of social power.
- Author BiographyProfessor Michael W Apple is the John Bascom Professor of Education at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. A former primary and secondary school teacher a past-president of a teachers union, he has worked with educators, unions, dissident groups, and governments throughout the world to democratize educational research, policy, and practice. Among his many books are Ideology and Curriculum, Education and Power, Teachers and Texts, and Official Knowledge Power, Meaning and Identity. Not only has Professor Apple been selected as one of the most influential writers on education in the 20th century, but his book Ideology and Curriculum has been chosen as one of the 20 most important volumes in the history of western education.
- Author(s)Michael W. Apple
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/02/2006
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.