All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses fundamental questions in relation to education and its epistemology. The position taken by the author is critical realist; and thus throughout the relationship between education and critical realism is foregrounded. Themes and issues that surface at different times in the book are: a critical realist view of education research; a resolution of the quantitative/qualitative divide; criteria for judging the worth of educational texts and practices; differences between scientific and critical realisms; empirical research methods in education; structure-agency relationships; pragmatist views of educational research; foundations and paradigmatic differences; and educational critique and transformation.
- Author BiographyDavid Scott is Professor of Curriculum, Pedagogy and Assessment at the Institute of Education, University of London. He has previously worked at the universities of Warwick, Southampton and Lincoln. His most recent book is Critical Essays on Major Curriculum Theorists published by Routledge.
- Author(s)Professor David Scott
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/10/2010
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight226 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Series Edited byProf. Roy Bhaskar
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.