All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first fully comparative empirical analysis of the relationship between education and social cohesion, this book develops a new 'distributional theory' of the effects of educational inequality on social solidarity. Based on extensive analysis of data on inequality and social attitudes for over 25 developed countries.
- Author BiographyANDY GREEN is Professor of Comparative Education at the Institute of Education, University of London, UK. He has published widely on a range of education issues, with major works translated into Chinese, German, Japanese and Spanish. His published books include High Skills: Globalization, Competitiveness and Skills Formation (with Phil Brown and Hugh Lauder), Convergences and Divergences in European Education and Training Systems (with Alison Wolf and Tom Leney), Education, Globalization and the Nation State and Education and State Formation: The Rise of Education Systems in England, France and the USA. JOHN PRESTON is Senior Lecturer in Citizenship at the University of East London, UK. He has written widely on themes of adult education, social capital and social cohesion. He has conducted consultancy for UNESCO and is currently working on a study of social cohesion and exclusion in the European Commission. JAN GERMEN JANMAAT is a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Institute of Education, University of London, UK, working on projects supported by a Framework Six Marie Curie grant. His research interests include citizenship education and the formation of identities and values among youngsters. He has published in the journals Ethnic and Racial Studies, European Education and Nationalities Papers.
- Author(s)Andy Green,Jan Germen Janmaat,John Preston
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication13/10/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight455 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.